Office Assistant responsibilities
- Answer six-line phone system and direct calls as required
- Design and maintain filing and storage systems in the office
- Schedule travel arrangements for senior executives as well as clients, when applicable
- Make a phone call to clients and vendors on regular basis
- Maintain office supply& Warehouse inventory
- Retrieve documents and files when requested
- Assist HR with sorting and collating resumes
- Read and route incoming mail and process outgoing mail
- Handle inbound and outbound shipments
- Light accounting duties
- Fully Computer literate-Create, edit, and update spreadsheets
Office Assistant qualifications and skills
- 2+ years’ experience in an administrative capacity
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1+ years customer service experience
- Computer literacy with sound knowledge of Windows
- Familiarity with Internet and mobile technology
- Pleasant, friendly disposition
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
Objectives of this Role
- Follow company packing procedures and standards
- Handle inventory with care and attention to detail
- Adhere to safety programs and OSHA compliance for a safe work environment
- Follow company safety policies and procedures, and encourage other associates to do the same
- Ensure product orders are packed and moved carefully
Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- At least 18 years old
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to stand up to 4 hours at a time
- Demonstrated ability to operate machinery
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Work at different stations as production requires
- Inspect, weigh, and package products
- Monitor flow of product into processing machinery
- Verify compliance with quality, safety, production standards, work rules, and efficient operation of equipment
- Report potential production downtime, scrap production, and quality of each machine and summarize data from shift
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Strong Sales Process skills with a demonstrated ability
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Technical proficiency – CRM Systems, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Effective time management and organizational skills to achieve assigned activity
- Ability to self-motivate and successfully deliver all position related objectives.
- Ability to collaborate with others and contribute to a productive, fun work environment.
- Must be able to travel to branch office and current or prospective customer locations throughout the territory as needed. Public transportation not available.
- Will frequently visit manufacturing or distribution center facilities.
- Must be able to travel throughout customer facilities (sometimes long distances) to see the work environment and communicate with customer representatives.
- May involve lifting of up to 50 pounds of promotional materials.
- Negotiate prices and terms and prepare sales agreements.
- Maintain contact lists and follow up with customers to continue relationships.
- Identify prospective customers, lead generation and conversion.
- Contact new and existing customers to discuss needs.
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- Minimum 1 year’s previous sales/account management experience.
- Work experience in the distribution industry preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent experience with a Business/Marketing major or related degree is preferable